358 Anti-Climb Rigid Mesh Fencing
358 anti-climb rigid mesh is a highly attractive, yet seriously secure fencing solution that is popular across a wide range of applications thanks to its excellent strength, erection simplicity, and intrusion resistant anti-climb properties. Proven in prison environments 358 anti-climb rigid mesh fencing is virtually impossible to climb, or break through. Talk to us today to see if 358 rigid mesh fencing is right for your property.
Exceptional Features and Benefits
Resistance to Vandalism: 358 anti-climb rigid mesh fencing has finger-resistant apertures combined with 4mm wire diameter provides a substantial barrier that is difficult to climb and penetrate. It is practically impossible to cut the wires on 358 using conventional bolt or wire-cutters.
Stability: Due to its rigidity and minimal wind resistance, 358 is very stable, making it ideal for use with electronic alarms and when strain tension on end anchors cannot be achieved such as roof tops and walkway protection.
Good Viewing Visibility: In spite of the small mesh aperture the see-through characteristics of 358 remain unimpaired when viewed head-on and even at an angle to the fence. This is particularly important for clear camera surveillance.
Durability: 358 offers low maintenance, long life protection. Hampden Fence offers a 5 Year Warranty on 358 anti-climb rigid mesh fencing.
Unique Double Vertical™ Design
358 rigid mesh fencing is an outstanding deterrent to intruders, thanks to its superior design and inherent anti-climb properties. The unique Double Vertical design means 358 delivers significantly more strength, while retaining the ability to see through the product for effective visibility.
The unique Double Vertical design offers outstanding rigidity and low wind resistance, making it ideal to use with electronic detection systems and alarms.
Galvanised After Fabrication
Unlike other anti-climb fencing products, 358 anti-climb rigid mesh fencing is galvanised after fabrication. This guarantees all welded joints are protected from exposure to moisture, effectively eliminating the chance of weld-point rust to occur, ensuring unparalleled product quality and enhanced longevity.
As well as being highly attractive visually, 358 anti-climb rigid mesh is imported in bulk order by our supplier, ensuring the product is also available at a very attractive price.
358 anti-climb mesh fencing is ideal for everything from high-security installations (prisons, military compounds and power facilities) through to high end-end architectural applications thanks to in style & strength, and superior anti-climb (yet visibility-friendly) properties. Depending on your requirements, 358 anti-climb rigid mesh fencing can be custom ordered to measure. Mesh panels can also be ordered in a black steel finish.
DOUBLE VERTICAL DESIGN
- Delivers significantly more strength
- Outstanding rigidity
- Low wind resistance - ideal to use with electronic detection systems & alarms
- 358 Mesh 5 years manufacturers warranty (some conditions apply)
- Tamper resistant fasteners. We prefer to use tamper resistant fasteners such as Lock Bolt/ Huck Bolt or Argus non-removable crew with 358 clip. (please see our Fasteners and Fixing guide for more information)
- M8 Coach head hot dip galvanised and shear nut
- Alternative M8 Power Drives, one way reversible
- Hot dip galvanised in stock
- Black non galvanised on indent
- Powder coated to any colour (not in stock)
- 358 Mesh: Electrically welded at every intersection.
- Horizontal aperture: 72.2mm
- Vertical aperture: 8.7mm
- Max Sheet Width: 2210mm, Oriented with Attack Face Narrow 72mm aperture on horizontal plane
- Height: 2.4, 3.0, 3.6m in stock (other heights by indent)
- Dimension tolerance: +/- 2.5mm
- Squareness: +/- 2% of nominal panel size
- Flatness: +/- 50mm clear of surface laid flat
- Weight: 11.3kg/m2
- Type: 4mm diameter Bright Deawn Wire
- Hot dip galvanised after manufacture to AS / NZS 4680
Hampden Fence uses a range of high quality tamper resistant fixings. Please see below and our Tamper Resistant Fixings guide for more detail.
LOCK-BOLT: Huck Bolt Pin & Collar Fastener
The ultimate fastener for high security is a Rivtec lock-bolt (Huck Bolt pin and collar fastener). The Huck Bolt has a series of annular grooves which a round collar is swagged onto (using an air/hydraulic installation tool).
ARGUS- Non Removable Security Screws
The ultimate non-removable security screw for superior peace of mind on your fencing projects. With genuine one way installation Argus security screws are virtually impossible to remove.
The 358 Clip is a purpose made washer designed to fit perfectly over the horizontal wires of the 358 rigid mesh. Each clip has a square opening to accommodate the required fastener.
Installation and safety
You will generally only need building consent for fences over 2.5m. However you may still need a resource consent for some fences below this height. Contact local council to check the specific height restrictions and design requirements for your local area.
- Architectural: Stairwell enclosures, pedestrian bridge screens, protective screens
- Retail: Shopping centres, carpark buildings
- Correctional Facilities: Prisons, youth justice centres
- Animal Enclosures: Zoos, dog pounds
- Utilities: Power sub-stations, water treatment facilities
- Educational Facilities: Schools, university campuses
- Restricted Areas: Airports, goods delivery areas, motorway security
- Recreational: Sports grounds, community centres
- High Security Areas: Consulates, sensitive sites